If you have short natural layers and you want to add some volume and bounce to your hair, hair extensions can be a great solution. However, curling hair extensions with short natural layers can be challenging. Here are some tips and tricks on how to curl hair extensions with short natural layers:
- Prep your hair and extensions: Before you start curling, make sure your hair and extensions are clean and dry. Apply a heat protectant spray to your natural hair and extensions to prevent heat damage.
- Section your hair: Section your hair into small sections, starting from the nape of your neck. Clip the top section of your hair away, and start curling the bottom section.
- Start curling from the mid-lengths: To achieve a natural-looking curl that blends seamlessly with your natural hair, start curling your extensions from the mid-lengths, about an inch or two away from your roots. This will help prevent damage and tangling.
- Let the curls cool: After you’ve curled your hair, let the curls cool completely before removing the pins or clips. This will help the curls set and last longer.
- Blend the curls: Once you’ve removed the pins or clips, blend the curls with your natural hair using your fingers or a wide-tooth comb. This will help create a seamless look and blend the curls with your natural hair.
In conclusion, curling hair extensions with short natural layers can be a bit challenging, but with the right techniques and tools, you can achieve beautiful curls that blend seamlessly with your natural hair. Remember to choose the right type of hair extensions, prep your hair and extensions, start curling from the mid-lengths, use a smaller barrel curling iron, pin the curls, let the curls cool, and blend the curls for a seamless look.