Lifestyle Employment at Crown
a beautiful career that works for you
Are you a color specialist?
we are looking to add your talents to our team!
The best thing about being an stylist at Crown?
At Crown, we believe in the magic that comes with the confidence of finally loving your hair - perhaps for the first time in your whole life. We believe in providing a place for women with thinning hair that’s totally focused on their needs by creating a warm and welcoming, customer-focused salon where our guests feel cared for and pampered.
We find joy in the work we do every day, creating happy smiles on our guests’ faces, in a positive environment filled with laughter and fun.
We love working together to create a successful salon through a motivating and supportive environment that encourages team members to collaborate to reach salon goals & create real results. We are each other’s biggest cheerleaders and love celebrating our wins together!
We know that sometimes the biggest victories come from the smallest changes. We believe in consistent growth and movement towards our goals and the power of being coachable. We are always open to and welcome feedback so we can look back and celebrate how far we’ve come.
We are an unapologetically innovative salon that’s not afraid to try new things or think outside of the box. We are working together to create an entirely new salon concept that works for us and provides for the needs of our extensionistas and customers by being open and flexible to new and exciting ideas.
We believe in work-life balance and the power of a team who always has your back. We look out for each other and share everything in a collaborative, supportive and connected environment.
As our resident color expert your role will include:
- Providing specialty blonding, color correction & multi-process color services for our amazing extension guests
- Working in partnership with our extensionista team to blend the elements of beautiful color + beautiful extensions to create instagram-worthy hair perfection.
- Using your eye for color to match our guest’s natural hair to their dream extension look.
- Care for the guest’s natural hair above all else, managing expectations of achievable results and providing amazing customer service while doing it!
- Contributing to our salon’s fun & friendly energy with your positive energy.
Are we a perfect fit?...
You're a team player who loves to learn from, be inspired by and support your fellow stylists. You love to contribute your time, expertise, thoughts and ideas to help those around you succeed. You spend every free moment looking for a way to help those around you because you know they will be there for you too when you need them. You’re not afraid to ask for help and are eager to learn.
You are a friendly and fun stylist who gets excited for every guest in your chair, can match energy, make conversation easily and exude confidence and style. You’re a natural people-person who loves to hype up every woman who comes into the salon, throwing out compliments to everyone around you like confetti.
You are passionate about growing and improving every day and becoming the best extensionista you can be. You enjoy working hard to improve your skills and taking every opportunity you can to learn and grow, not just behind the chair but in your life as well. You’re not just open to feedback - you thrive on it! You are coachable and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow and do better by implementing small, consistent changes.
You love meticulous, detail-oriented work and don't mind spending all day with only one or two guests because you can look back at what you've done and see you have created a masterpiece. You love the feeling of being in a flow state - that beautiful moment where you are lost in what you’re doing, fully immersed with energized focus and enjoyment of the process.
You aren't just a good colorist - you're an amazing colorist! As our resident color expert, that's just what you'll be! Our team and guests will look to you to provide the in-depth haircolor services to match their beautiful extensions.
Giving women their confidence back and helping them to feel like their most beautiful versions of themselves is your very reason for being a part of this beautiful industry.
Resident Color Expert Responsibilities
- Be a light! Your positive attitude is contagious to everyone around you from the salon guests to your team.
- Show-up looking your best. As a beauty professional you are fully aware that you are a local influencer and your hair, makeup and fashion should inspire your guests.
- Live up to the vision and values of Crown. You eat, sleep and breathe teamwork, growth, fun and innovation.
- Go above and beyond for our guests, providing beverages, refreshments, and chair side service. You think of yourself as a host and love doing what you can to make your guest feel comfortable.
- Lights, camera, action! You’re now a social media guru who feels comfortable being in front of and behind the camera so that we can show Crown magic to the world.
- Execute all salon setup, opening and closing routines as defined. You’re a neat freak who can see everything from hair on the floor to smudges on the mirror. You get it gone before anyone else can see it, keeping everything spotless.
- You believe in telling, not selling. You feel confident in educating our guests in all that Crown has to offer and recommending other services, products and memberships.
- You know that consistency of service is paramount, that’s why you enjoy following written checklists, systems and procedures to ensure every guest’s visit is perfect. You like keeping notes and believe organization is key to keeping everything running smoothly and stress-free.
A message from our owner
“Hey, Jenna here! I started Crown in 2017 with a dream of uplifting and creating more respect for the salon industry by changing the way hairstylists are compensated and cared for. I wanted to revolutionize the hair extensions industry by creating a repeatable blueprint for a customer journey in a collaborative, team-based environment. I wanted to provide a wealthy life for my extensionistas: financial wealth, relational wealth with coworkers, and freedom of time wealth. I want my extensionistas to see a future for themselves and a career path they can be excited about within Crown.
I love that my team is so friendly and fun. Every day in the salon is like a party with laughter and smiles all around! My team makes every guest feel like a queen - completely taken care of and the center of attention. They collaborate and work together to care for the guests and each other and are always willing to try something new. When they are presented with a new goal they are flexible and work hard to achieve it.
The ultimate growth opportunity I want to provide for my stylists is the ability to eventually own their own Crown. I feel that giving my employees the possibility and support of having their own salon one day is the best way to “retire” a hairstylist and I believe that having a long term exit plan for getting out from behind the chair is important. I hope to be able to help everyone who works for me in that process if that is their goal. The ability to earn raises every quarter, gain leadership experience, become a manager and then eventually their own salon owner or pursue other opportunities within our company is something I can’t wait to provide to every person on my team.”
Frequently asked questions:
Where is your salon located?
Crown is located in the heart of Colorado Springs' beautiful & unique West Side, exactly one minute from the Uintah exit. We are in a fun shopping center with plenty of parking that we share with a gluten-free bakery, busy pet store (cute dogs everywhere!) and a healthy grocery store with tons of great snacks, deli & coffee shop.
What is your clientele like?
Boss ladies who want to look and feel their best! She’s a woman usually around 30-50 who is established in career or works for herself, whether that be running her own company or selling real estate. She’s a true professional who is consistent and always wants to put her best foot forward.
How do you feel about flexibility?
We believe in work- life balance. Our team-based approach makes taking time off easy and we also offer paid vacation. Our 4 day work week is also dreamy! Plus, we provide all of the salon clientele, so you don’t have to worry about marketing yourself or even think about work on your off-hours.
Are you booth rental or commission?
Neither! We are a team-based pay salon which means that we offer consistent, hourly pay - whether you're with a guest or not! We believe in paying you for what you bring to the team, not how much in services you ring up that day. Our extensionistas love having a consistent paycheck they can count on every week without worry of a "slow season" or not having a guest on their books that day.
What is my earning potential the first year? 3 years in?
As our resident color expert we will evaluate what a potential salary could look like for you based on your technical level, education and certifications, current clientele and time standards. From there we will come up with a career plan together to help you increase your salary over time and grow a beautiful career here at Crown.
Do you offer benefits?
We have all the benefits you won’t find at most salons our size! We offer:
- Paid vacation
- 401K & matching
- Health benefits (primary care & health sharing)
- Paid sick days
- Paid education & coaching
- Paid social media creation time
- Dedicated HR representative
- Free hair services to keep you looking great