Are you tired of dealing with damaged hair extensions after a workout? It’s common for hair extensions to get tangled or matted during a workout. However, there is a simple solution to this problem – using a stretchy headband. A stretchy headband can help to keep your hair extensions in place and prevent them from getting damaged. In this video, we’ll share some tips on how to use a stretchy headband to keep your hair extensions healthy while working out.
Are Your Hair Extensions Slipping or Growing Out? How to Tell the Difference
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair, but it can be hard to tell when they’re slipping or just growing out. When hair extensions start to slip, it can be frustrating and even embarrassing, but it’s important to know the signs so you can fix the issue before it becomes a bigger problem. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the signs that your hair extensions are slipping and how to fix the problem.
Signs your hair extensions are slipping
- Tangling and matting: One of the first signs that your hair extensions are slipping is tangling and matting. If you find that your extensions are becoming more and more tangled, it’s likely that they’re slipping out of place and not staying secure.
- Bulky roots: When hair extensions start to slip, they can create a bulky look at the roots. This is because the extensions are moving down your natural hair and creating a larger section of hair at the root.
- Excessive shedding: Another sign that your hair extensions are slipping is excessive shedding. If you’re finding that your hair extensions are shedding more than usual, it could be a sign that they’re not secure and are slipping out.
- Itchy scalp: If you’re experiencing an itchy scalp, it could be a sign that your hair extensions are slipping. This is because the extensions are moving around and rubbing against your scalp, causing irritation.
In conclusion, knowing the signs that your hair extensions are slipping is important so you can fix the issue before it becomes a bigger problem. By reaching out to your salon right away when you suspect slipping, you can keep your hair extensions looking and feeling great.
How to Keep Your Hair Extensions Brass-Free and Hydrated with a Shower Filter
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. However, maintaining them can be challenging, especially if you live in an area with hard water. Hard water is water that contains high levels of minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. When you wash your hair with hard water, these minerals can build up on your hair extensions, causing them to become dry, dull, and brassy.
One way to avoid brassy and dry hair extensions is by using a shower filter. A shower filter is a device that attaches to your showerhead and removes hard water minerals and chlorine from your shower water. By using a shower filter, you can keep your hair extensions looking healthy and shiny.
Here are some tips on how to use a shower filter to keep your hair extensions brass-free and hydrated:
- Choose the Right Shower Filter
When selecting a shower filter, make sure it is designed to remove hard water minerals and chlorine. Look for filters that use activated carbon or KDF (Kinetic Degradation Fluxion) technology, which are effective in removing these minerals.
- Install the Shower Filter
Most shower filters are easy to install and can be done without the help of a professional. Simply unscrew your showerhead and attach the filter between the shower arm and the showerhead. Then, attach the showerhead to the filter.
- Wash Your Hair Extensions with Filtered Water
After installing the shower filter, make sure to wash your hair extensions with filtered water. This will help to remove any hard water minerals and chlorine that may be present in your shower water.
- Use a Clarifying Shampoo
To further remove any buildup on your hair extensions, use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Clarifying shampoos are designed to remove buildup from styling products, hard water minerals, and chlorine.
By following these tips, you can keep your hair extensions looking healthy and shiny. Using a shower filter is an easy and effective way to avoid brassy and dry hair extensions caused by hard water minerals and chlorine. Make sure to choose the right shower filter, install it properly, and wash your hair extensions with filtered water to keep them looking their best.
Our favorite showerhead filter: https://amzn.to/3t2w7Ei #
Color Wow Dream Filter: https://amzn.to/3f3OZuo
Hat’s Off to Hair Extensions: Why Wearing Hats is Fun with Extensions
If you’re a fan of hair extensions, you might have thought twice about wearing hats. After all, hats can ruin a good hair day, right? Wrong! With a little bit of creativity and the right styling tips, hats can actually be a fun and stylish accessory to wear with your hair extensions. Here are some reasons why:
- Protect Your Hair from the Sun
The sun can be harsh on both your natural hair and your extensions. Wearing a hat not only protects your face from the sun’s rays but also shields your hair from the harmful effects of UV radiation. This is especially important if you have color-treated hair, as the sun can cause fading and damage.
- Add a Pop of Style
Wearing a hat with your hair extensions can add an extra touch of style to your outfit. Whether you opt for a fedora, beanie, or baseball cap, a hat can take your look to the next level. Experiment with different styles, colors, and textures to find the perfect hat to match your hair extensions.
- Hide a Bad Hair Day
Even with hair extensions, bad hair days happen. Fortunately, a hat can be your saving grace. Whether you’re having a bad hair day or just don’t have time to style your hair, a hat can help to cover up any imperfections and make you feel more confident.
- Stay Warm and Cozy
During the colder months, a hat is not only a stylish accessory but also a functional one. Hats can help to keep you warm and cozy while also protecting your hair from the cold, dry winter air.
- Low-Maintenance Style
Hats are a low-maintenance way to add style to your look. Simply throw on a hat, and you’re good to go! This is especially great for those days when you don’t have time to spend on your hair but still want to look put-together.
In conclusion, hats can be a fun and stylish accessory to wear with your hair extensions. From protecting your hair from the sun to adding a pop of style, there are many reasons to try out this trend. So go ahead and experiment with different hats and styles to find the perfect look for you!
How to Style Scarves with Hair Extensions: Tips and Tricks
Wearing scarves is a great way to add a touch of style to any outfit, and it’s even better when you have hair extensions. Not only can scarves add some extra flair to your look, but they can also help protect your hair extensions from the elements. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some tips on how to wear scarves with hair extensions.
- Choose the Right Scarf The first step in wearing scarves with hair extensions is to choose the right scarf. You’ll want to look for a scarf that is made from a soft material that won’t snag or tangle your extensions. Silk, satin, or cotton scarves are great options. You’ll also want to consider the size of the scarf, as larger scarves will give you more styling options.
- Protect Your Hair Before you wrap your scarf around your head, make sure your hair is protected. Use a satin or silk scarf to wrap your hair first, which will help protect it from the friction of the scarf. You can also use a leave-in conditioner or hair oil to help keep your extensions moisturized.
- Try Different Styles There are so many different ways to wear a scarf with hair extensions. One popular style is to wrap the scarf around your head, leaving the ends hanging down. You can also tie the scarf into a bow at the top of your head, or even create a turban-style headwrap. Experiment with different styles to find the one that works best for you.
- Coordinate with Your Outfit When choosing a scarf to wear with your hair extensions, think about your outfit. Choose a scarf that complements the colors in your outfit, or choose a scarf with a bold pattern that makes a statement. You can even coordinate your scarf with your jewelry or other accessories.
- Have Fun! Wearing scarves with hair extensions is all about having fun and expressing yourself. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and colors, and most importantly, have fun with it!
In conclusion, wearing scarves with hair extensions is a great way to add some extra style to your look while also protecting your hair from the elements. Follow these tips to find the right scarf, protect your hair, and try different styles. Don’t forget to coordinate your scarf with your outfit and most importantly, have fun with it!
Fun and Easy Hair Styling: Wearing Hair Clips with Hair Extensions
Hair clips are a great way to add some flair to your hair extensions! Whether you’re going for a cute and playful look or a more elegant and sophisticated one, hair clips can help you achieve the style you’re after. In this blog post, we’ll explore why it’s so fun to experiment with hair clips when you have hair extensions, as well as some tips for getting the most out of this versatile accessory.
First of all, hair clips are an easy way to change up your look. If you’ve been wearing your hair extensions in the same style for a while, adding a clip can instantly freshen up your look. And because hair clips come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors, you can find one that complements your natural hair color and your extensions perfectly.
Hair clips are also great for adding some texture and volume to your hair. If you have fine or thin hair, a clip can add some extra oomph to your look. And if you’re looking to create some curls or waves, using a clip can help hold the hair in place while it dries.
Another reason why it’s so fun to try wearing hair clips with extensions is that they’re incredibly versatile. Whether you’re going for a sleek and sophisticated look or a more casual, bohemian vibe, there’s a hair clip out there that can help you achieve the look you’re after. And because they’re so easy to use, you can experiment with different styles and looks until you find the one that’s perfect for you.
Of course, there are a few things to keep in mind when using hair clips with extensions. First of all, make sure that you’re not pulling too hard on the clips or the hair extensions themselves, as this can cause damage or even breakage. Additionally, be sure to use high-quality clips that won’t snag or damage your hair. And finally, experiment with different styles and looks until you find the one that feels right for you – after all, the best part about using hair clips with extensions is that there are no hard and fast rules!
In conclusion, wearing hair clips with hair extensions can be a fun and exciting way to change up your look and experiment with different styles. Whether you’re going for a playful, whimsical vibe or a more sophisticated and elegant one, there’s a hair clip out there that can help you achieve the perfect look. So why not give it a try and see what kinds of amazing hairstyles you can create with this versatile accessory?
How to Hide Your Hair Extensions When Styling Your Hair Down
Hair extensions are a great way to add length, volume, and dimension to your hair. However, if not properly hidden, they can also make your hair look fake and unnatural. This is especially true when styling your hair down, where the extensions may be visible and ruin the look you’re going for. In this video, we’ll discuss why it’s important to hide your hair extensions when styling your hair down and provide some tips on how to do so effectively.
How to Wear Your Hair Extensions Half Up and Half Down: Tips and Tricks
Wearing your hair extensions in a half up, half down style is a great way to add some variety to your hairstyle. Here are a few steps to help you achieve this look:
- Start by brushing out your hair extensions to ensure that they are smooth and tangle-free.
- Use a comb to section off the top half of your hair, from your temples to the back of your crown.
- Gently tease the crown section of your hair with a comb to add volume.
- Gather the top section of your hair and secure it with a hair tie or clip at the back of your head.
- Use a brush to smooth out any bumps or flyaways in the top section of your hair.
- Let the bottom half of your hair fall down naturally.
- Use a curling iron or straightener to add waves or curls to the bottom section of your hair for added texture and volume.
- Finish off the look by using hairspray to keep your hair in place.
With these simple steps, you can easily achieve a beautiful half up, half down hairstyle with your hair extensions. Experiment with different styling techniques and accessories to make this look your own!
The Importance of Starting in the Right Place: Curling Hair Extensions
If you’re a fan of hair extensions and love to curl your hair, it’s important to know the right place to start curling to look the most natural and flattering.
So, where should you start curling your hair while wearing extensions? Start at the mid-lengths or ends, about an inch or two away from your roots. This method will create a natural-looking curl and blend the extensions with your natural hair. Additionally, make sure to use a heat protectant spray before applying any heat to your hair to further protect your extensions and natural hair.
Watch this video to see how it’s done!